Minnesota Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM)
MCTM Mission Statement
The MCTM is an organization of professionals dedicated to promoting the teaching and learning of meaningful mathematics for all students by supporting educators in their efforts to improve mathematics instruction.
The goals of the Minnesota Council of Teachers of Mathematics are:
- To develop an active interest in the science of mathematics.
- To help provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas and materials regarding instruction in mathematics.
- To further the study of problems relating to the teaching of mathematics at the elementary, secondary, and college levels.
- To work for the improvement of mathematics instruction at the elementary, secondary, and college levels in Minnesota.
- To work for the improvement of employment and service of members of the Council and members of the profession in general.