South Carolina Leaders of Mathematics Education (SCLME)
Southern US 1
The South Carolina Leaders of Mathematics Education’s purpose is to:
- Promote the importance of mathematics leadership at all levels
- Stay abreast of educational issues and trends.
- Study current state mathematics standards and practices.
- Is proactive rather than reactive.
- Represent the organization as needed as a voice for mathematics concerning educational policy, content expectations, best practices, and assessment (e.g. SDE, State Board of Education, EOC).
- Advocate for mathematics leadership at every level from the classroom to the State House.
- Collaborate with other organizations, higher education, businesses, and educational entities to improve mathematics leadership.
- Provide and promote professional learning opportunities to support leadership development.
- Establish and maintain a communication network for all mathematics teachers, leaders, and other stakeholders.