Mathematics Student Recognition Program
The Mathematics Student Recognition Program was created to provide a means for honoring students for outstanding achievement in the study of mathematics. NCSM members may obtain award certificates by contacting NCSM. See contact information at the bottom of the page. Please indicate the number of award certificates needed and the name of the school(s).
The Mathematics Student Recognition Program is a service of NCSM that is provided to NCSM members in good standing only. Join NCSM.
Terms and Conditions
- School Eligibility: All public and private colleges and universities that have at least one NCSM member on the faculty are eligible to participate.
- Student Qualifications: A graduating student ranking in the top 10% of the class with a degree in mathematics education and/or mathematics, preferably with demonstrated leadership in the area of mathematics education research/study.
- Selection Committee Design: The committee shall determine awardees in the term prior to the conferring of a degree. The committee shall consist of: 1) At least one NCSM member or designee; 2) College Dean or designee; 3) Academic Advisor; 4) Chairperson of the Mathematics Department
- Cost to the School or School District: Framing of the certificate and lettering of the certificate. NCSM will furnish, without charge, a certificate for each awardee.
- Number of Award Certificates: The number of award certificates should not exceed two per year per graduating class.
- Presentation of Award Certificates: The award certificates should be given by the NCSM member, NCSM Regional Director, or member of the NCSM Board of Directors when possible. It is preferred that the certificates are presented during a program, or denoted in a written program.
Current NCSM members may obtain award certificates by contacting:
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
Aurora, CO 80014
Phone: (303) 317-6595
Fax: (303) 200-7099
Please indicate the number of certificates (1 or 2) needed per graduating class. To ensure timely delivery, please order 30 days prior to the awarding of the certificate(s).