53rd NCSM Annual Conference
Aspire. Activate. Act.
Amplify Bold Mathematics Leadership
September 20-22, 2021
7:00 am Monday – 5:00 pm Wednesday
NCSM is happy to announce the 53rd NCSM Annual Conference! Whether you are a first-timer or a veteran of NCSM annual conferences, join us for three exciting days in Atlanta GA, focused on important issues for leaders in mathematics education.
Take this opportunity to enlarge your network of colleagues who can assist you in building and supporting your local mathematics program and to meet new friends who share your interests and love of mathematics education. Become a part of NCSM, the mathematics leadership organization for educational leaders that provides professional learning opportunities to support and sustain improved student achievement.
Join us in Atlanta, GA, where exciting opportunities await you at our 2021 Annual Conference!
Sign up to review speaker proposals (November 1-15, 2020)
The theme of the 2021 NCSM Annual Conference is: Aspire. Activate. Act. Amplify Bold Mathematics Leadership.
Conference Program Strand Descriptions
The five strands to be featured at this exciting and educational NCSM Annual Conference are:
- Aspire to Bold Mathematics Leadership: Proposals in this strand will focus on the development of mathematics leaders as change agents (whether they be at the classroom, building/site, district or provincial/national level) focused on defining and developing a shared vision for high-quality mathematics teaching and learning via attention to assessment, curriculum and instructional design in mathematics as well as managing change.
- Activate Leadership for Access and Equity: Proposals in this strand will focus on equitable practices relating to the needs of diverse learners (emergent bilinguals, students with special needs, students requiring gifted and talented supports); eliminating deficit views in mathematics learning, and eradicating mathematics as a gatekeeper. Proposals in this strand will also seek to actively engage teachers and leaders of mathematics to deepen their professional knowledge base and instructional practice with mathematics aimed at meeting the needs of every student.
- Activate Teachers as Leaders: Proposals in this strand will focus on improving the mathematical and pedagogical content knowledge of teachers by helping to develop a clear understanding of high-quality mathematics instruction and how to support it. Proposals should also address structures for continued job-embedded professional learning around design and enactment of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Activate and Empower others through Mathematics Coaching: Proposals in this strand will share innovative and successful coaching practices that support the mathematical learning of teachers and their students. Sessions will help coaches build their own capacity to support high-quality, equitable mathematics teaching and learning for every student.
- Amplify Mathematics Leadership: Proposals in this strand will address the development of strong partnerships that leverage the power of community partnerships and collaborative teams for ensuring that curriculum offers opportunity for rigor, depth and conceptual understanding for all students.